Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rehearsal Dinner Invitations

Before I go into the detailing our rehearsal dinner and show you the wonderful pictures Chris Hayes Photography captured I want to share with you some of the DIY projects I did.

For the rehearsal dinner invite I used a vintage Philadelphia postcard I bought on Ebay. I found that you can buy vintage postcards as low as a dollar there. I bought quite a few of them because I decided to also use them for my table numbers. (Pssst, I totally stole the idea for using the post card from one of the Elizabeth Anne Design posts.) I scanned the photo in with our home printer (a Canon MP620), used iPhoto to airbrush some of the text off the back, and used IWork Pages to create the text. I thought it was most economical to order through Vistaprint since I had heard so many fab things about it through the blogs and my other bride friends. I winded up upgrading to the linen paper just to give an extra touch of richness. I will say the paper was not as thick as I would have liked, but they were still really great and the price could not be beat.



I decided to also DIY our menus after getting inspiration from a similar idea on the internet. I took childhood photos of Roosevelt and myself from when we were similar ages. Then I imported them into Mac Pages where I overlaid the text (you could also use MS Word or Photoshop). Since they were 5x7 I was able to fit two menus to a page. To save on printer ink I had them printed at Kinko's on 80lb card stock purchased from PaperSource and then cut them out and rounded the corners at home.








1 comment: