Thursday, January 28, 2010

Our Cocktail Hour - It was all such a whirlwind

All photos by Edmund Moon of Daily Thousand Words Photography

It seems like so much happened during our cocktail hour, that it is hard to believe that we fit so much in that looking back it seems like a whirlwind.


Immediately following the ceremony we were whisked away to the holding room for a private moment. The Four Seasons prepared a selection of hors d'oeuvres from our cocktail hour and glasses of champagne. We were concerned on missing all the yummy food we had selected but we did get a tasting. However, in all my excitement I did not eat much and I still missed out on the fab crab cakes everyone raved about.

Meanwhile our guests were circulating in the Jefferson room enjoying butler passes hors d'oeuvres, a non-alcoholic drink bar,  and butler passed mimosas & bloody marys. For the florals I went very simple and did only garden roses atop in a glass cylinder filled with moss. It was not worth the expense of huge floral arrangements for 1 hour of time. The Four Seasons did a lovely set up of the drink bar, but I don't think the picture does it justice.




I also surprised Roosevelt and had a harpist play at the cocktail hour.  (My husband is fascinated with harp music ever since we saw a harpist at tea at the Four Seasons during our engagement). I booked her the week before the wedding and I think it really added to the atmosphere of the wedding.


While we did get an opportunity to circulate we also took our formal bridal party shots during the cocktail hour as well. So stay tuned because we specifically told our photographer edmund that we wanted some non-traditional shots.



No comments:

Post a Comment