Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ceremony - The Best Part of the Day



All photos by Edmund Moon of Daily Thousand Words


By far the best part of the day was our wedding ceremony. I have never felt so connected to another person than when I stood before God, family, and friends and declared my love, devotion and commitment to my husband. I was on the verge of full out tears throughout the ceremony so I was so surprised at how many photos showed me smiling from ear to ear.




We discussed with our pastor the ceremony in our counseling sessions and we decided to go with the traditional vows without any alterations. The only thing we added were two readings a biblical and non-biblical reading. I can't wait to get our video back because our pastor did a beautiful job in  officiating the sermon. He said such beautiful words on his message of the meaning of marriage and what it truly means to join your lives together.



My friend from college (who I met in our first week of our freshman year) did a reading from The Prophet by Khalil Gibran. A friend of Roosevelt did our second reading from the book of Ruth. I put together a simple book for each reading made from bronze shimmer card stock and accentuated with a pink ribbon so our readers would not hold a plain piece of paper in front of everyone. A simple quick project.





Look how happy we both were. Aaaahhhhhhhh.




Before we exchanged rings our pastor quietly prayed over them with us. Only we heard the pastor's prayer and it was one of the most intimate moments of the ceremony.



Exchange of our rings.




Our pastor blessing us after our vows and ring exchange. One of my favorite shots from the wedding. Edmund did a gorgeous job.





THE KISS!

And we are officially the Petersons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment