Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Our Wedding Bands


All photos by Edmund Moon of Daily Thousand Words Photography





We bought our wedding bands almost a year before the wedding from jewelers in St. Martens and St. Thomas. I knew that I wanted two diamond wedding bands to go on either side of my engagement ring. I also wanted a plain band to wear on days when I wanted a break from wearing diamonds (Crazy thought  right? But it does happen).  I did not anticipate that I would love all three of my bands that I would want to wear them all at once. But once we got them home I really loved the look of all of them together and the versatility it gave me.



Roe's stipulation was that we find him a band with diamonds and he wanted something out of the ordinary. When we saw this ring in St. Marten we were struck by its simple understated elegance, and we both had definitely not seen this design anywhere else. We also thought it beautifully mimicked the look of my engagement ring surrounded by the two eternity bands.

It was hard waiting for the day when I could wear my bands. I tried hard not to try them on or look at them till the wedding day.

And now I gaze on them every morning and every night. I do take my rings off to shower and when I cook but other than that I do everything with them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment