Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Its almost time for the Ceremony


All photos by Edmund Moon of Daily Thousand Words Photography unless noted

On our way back from Boat House Row I gave Roosevelt one of his wedding gifts. We both agreed that we would exchange our wedding gifts that night when we were alone together since we felt we wanted that to be a private moment between ourselves. However, I had got Roe something special to keep with him through out the day. When I ordered by handkerchief from etsy seller  Molly and Mom, I also had one done for Roosevelt. On it was inscribed "Love is patient, love is kind" which comes from 1 Corinthians 13:4. It is something that Roe says to me whenever we have a disagreement or I need encouragement. It is the mantra of our relationship.






After getting back from Boat House Row we came back to the Four Seasons where I was whisked away to the holding room and Roe went to do last minute checks on his groomsmen. In the holding room I was greeted by my two bridesmaids, my mother, and two of my good friends.


Photo by my close friend, Courtney

It was the first time seeing my bridesmaids together in there dresses. I went shopping with them separately for their dresses and allowed them to choose their own. My only stipulation was the dress had to be a chocolate brown. My one bridesmaid got her dress from David's Bridal and the other is from Priscilla of Boston. They both looked so lovely. I was also surprised to see that my one bridesmaid had the same gardenia clay flowers in her hair from DK Designs Hawaii. Goes to show you why we are friends - we have the same taste!

It was also time for me to put on my veil and the cap sleeves that attached to my dress. After stressing for months over my veil I finally decided to go with a simple dropped veil. I am so glad that I did because I hated wearing the veil, it felt so weird.



Meanwhile Roe was outside getting miked by the videographer and making sure his groomsmen were all ready.




Then it was just time to wait for the Pastor. He had a last minute funeral that morning so he was running late. This was the only time during the day where I actually got anxious and was on the verge of loosing it. It was not till after the ceremony that I learned he had a funeral which caused him to run late.  Like Roe always tells me I need to be more patient. Thus our motto.

We were only running 10 minutes behind which is so minor when looking back on everything. I was just so anxious to get started. However in lining up outside I felt a wave of emotion over take me. I was about to have a full out cry with ugly cry face. I was just so filled with love for Roosevelt I couldn't contain it. I felt as though time was moving so slow and everything around me just dropped away. It was one of the most surreal moments of my life. I was actually getting married.

No comments:

Post a Comment