Sunday, November 29, 2009

Boat House Row


All photos by Edmund Moon of Daily Thousand Words Photography



The Four Seasons Hotel sits right on Logan Square in center city Philadelphia which marks the beginning of Benjamin Franklin Parkway.  At the other end of the Parkway is the Art Museum. The Parkway and the museum was made famous in the movie Rocky with the scene of him running up the steps of the Art Museum and jumping around triumphantly. On a Saturday afternoon in the height of wedding season you can see at least 2-3 bridal parties on the steps of the Art Museum steps taking their formal portraits. We wanted to stay close to the hotel, however, we wanted to avoid the overused Art Museum. Therefore we went with Boat House Row off to the side of the Museum along the river. The Boat House is where all the row clubs have their houses and were you can see a multitude of runners and bikers on an early Saturday morning. The row clubs are beautiful structures and are surrounded by flowers (which luckily were still in bloom) plus there are a number of interesting monuments.

A couple of things were working against us in terms of getting all the shots we wanted. We had limited time. Since our ceremony was at 12 that left only 1-1.5 hours to get shots. Due to all the rain the day before the grass and grounds were wet, muddy or soggy in most parts. And though I know you get your dress professionally cleaned I was not up to getting my dress or shoes muddy or soiled. Because of the time constraint Roosevelt was really concerned with keeping on schedule which inhibited him from totally relaxing in some of the shots. Add on to this that one of  my shoes started to cut into my foot which meant I was bleeding limping bride did not make things better, However, despite this we were able to get in some really great shots.



Roe was a dear and carried my train the whole time we were out there.



This shot shows off the beauty of my bouquet. While we were out there a lot of the joggers yelled congratulations and commented on how beautiful we looked. Its great being a bride and groom!





        
















However, we did slip in time to act silly.







And talk on the cell phone




One of the themes that Edmund wove through our pics were shots of Roosevelt and I holding hands, I think they truly captured the tenderness of intimacy of some of the moments that we shared throughout the day and are some of my favorite shots.







1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous wedding. I cannot get enough of your photos. All of the intricate little details are amazing. Your blog is great. You should do some SEO to get more traffic here because it's one of the better wedding blogs I've seen. I feel truly inspired by your photos. I feel so inspired that I want to ask your permission to use one of your photos... the one highlighting your bouquet. I will crop out your face and use it for one of my announcements if you do not mind. I know that this may weird you out. If it does, please definitely post back and let me know.. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete