Monday, November 16, 2009

Getting Ready : I wasn't the only one busy in the suite

All photos by Edmund Moon of Daily Thousand Words unless otherwise noted


There was quite a bit of activity going on the suite besides my getting ready.

My mother came by early to assist with any last minute needs I may have had. I had planned on pressing my aisle runner the night before but was too pooped from all the excitement and activity from the rehearsal dinner. So my mom doing what she does best, which is being my mom,  took over the task upon her arrival.



I purchased my custom aisle runner over a year before the wedding and it was a purchase I seriously hemmed and hawed about because of the expense (starting price with some companies is $200!). Luckily I was able to find bellcreation who did a wonderful job modeling it after the one used in her own wedding.

After my stint in the makeup chair it was time for mommy. My mom has never had her make up professionally done. In fact there are few occasions in my life that I remember her even wearing make up. Even when she does the most she will wear is lipstick, so this was a real treat for her.






One of my bridesmaid was also there getting ready with me. I met Fran in graduate school at a hair salon in Maryland. I was a walk in and was assigned to Fran's chair. Little did I know how that minor event would be so life changing. Fran has been my rock and beacon of light through so many dark times in my life.  I could not have been blessed with a better friend so it was really special for me that she be there standing next to me at my wedding.




After we were all prepped there was a knock at the door.


No comments:

Post a Comment