Thursday, November 12, 2009

Getting Ready : Good Morning and I am ready for my closeup

All photos by Edmund Moon of Daily Thousand Words unless noted otherwise






Once I got back to my room I had just enough time to order breakfast before there was knock after knock at the door. Roosevelt made me promise that I would take time to start my day off right with a good breakfast. I ordered oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins, ginger ale, and crackers. I usually don't indulge in soda but wanted ginger ale just in case I got an upset stomach due to nerves.

In the span of 45 minutes my wedding planner, photographer, videographer, make up artist, mother, and one of my bridesmaids arrived. I felt like the suite was Grand Central Station. OMG it was really starting to happen, I was getting ready for my wedding!

We had left over water from our out of town bags which we put out for everyone in the suite. (The labels were done by Jessica's Design Shop with a monogram we purchased from Creative Montage.) Also Roosevelt made a run to Corner Bakery and bought muffins, bagels, and coffee for all the vendors and had it sent up to the room. We realized that we had a much earlier start than most weddings and wanted to give our vendors a nice little morning boost.



Vivianne my make up artist began to work her magic in the dressing area. During our trial back in January we discussed to possible color palettes: a neutral one of natural browns and highlights of bronze or one of soft pinks. I am very conservative with make up and decided to do the neutrals. We joked and laughed and through it all I remained calm, though I had to forcibly relax myself with the camera being that close. (I hate getting my picture taken so any picture occasion causes me slight anxiety)



One of my planners Stacey peeking at Vivianne working on me.










My first look at my totally made up face




The look of surprise and disbelief that I was looking at myself in the mirrorr! I love this shot.



After makeup it was time to get dressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment