Sunday, November 29, 2009

First Look


All photos by Edmund Moon of Daily Thousand Words


We did not plan ahead of time how or where we would do our first look so it was very last minute how it went about. It occurred in the main lobby of the Four Seasons right at our appointed time to board the limo and take our couple shots. There was a huge convention at the hotel that week which wrapped up the previous day so it was a little chaotic in the lobby with the departure of guests.  I found a little alcove to hide in till I saw Roosevelt and the photographer come down to the lobby. As guests walked by I got smiles, strange looks, and words of congratulation. I was just so nervous, this was the moment Roosevelt would see me all decked out in my gown. I just hoped he would love it.









I was so overwhelmed at this moment that I was desperately trying to hold back the tears. 






This was the first time either of us had seen what the other was wearing and we just stood back and took it all in from the other.




At first we were not going to have car service for the day, but Roosevelt and Kathy really insisted that it would make getting around so much easier. I am so glad we did.



Roosevelt kept his suit a secret all during its making. I was looking at all the little details that he had incorporated into the suit. One thing we had discussed about his suit and agreed upon was that he would not have a boutonniere, we are both not big fans and think they look a little prom-ish. Also we wanted to set him apart from his groomsmen so he went a pink pocket square.





Look how excited both of us are!







Together finally.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love your wedding style, dress, and hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I absolutely adored your wedding photos and have been recommending your etsy shop to everyone after seeing your reception dress. You have a very clean timeless style. Love it!

    ReplyDelete