Thursday, November 12, 2009

Recap Intermission : Our Stationery


All photos done by me


Lauren Brown from Lauren Brown Studio designed our Save the Date and invite. Lauren is a graphic designer and she has some beautiful creative pieces. What I love most about her work is that each piece has an unexpected surprise design element (I can't say more than that because you just have to see for yourself and unfortunately I can not take pics in respect for Lauren). Plus she is so easy to work with!!!!

Save the Dates
Lauren actually mocked up two designs for us (the other of which can be seen on her website), one with the gatefold and one with a pocket. However, from the start I knew I wanted a gatefold card for our save the date (the idea just stuck in my mind). The mock up included a crystal accent and an additional layer, however, we had to cut back to fit our per piece budget - but they still came out fantastic.




Invitations
When we started our planning process my fiance and I were both convinced that we wanted pocketfold invites. And Lauren did two beautiful samples in this style, but something was just not resonating as screaming "Nicole & Roosevelt". I had seen pictures of accordion fold programs and fell in love with them, and was seriously thinking that it would be more cost effective to do them as an invite. I suggested this to Lauren and she loved the idea. After getting the sample of her version of the accordion invite and we both knew that it was the one.

It fit into our theme so perfectly. On the cover was a picture of Philadelphia City Hall with the date of our wedding, the first panel had a quote about marriage from Benjamin Franklin, the second panel was the formal invite, the third contained directions and accommodations info, and the last panel had a belly band which had the rsvp post card slipped underneath.















No comments:

Post a Comment