Thursday, November 12, 2009

Getting Ready : Oh my gosh is this a sign of things to come?

I was able to get in about 5-6 hours of sleep the night before the wedding which was surprising. I thought I would be too anxious to sleep but I was able to get in my normal amount of hours. I woke up on time and got showered and dressed. I made sure I wore my sweatsuit which had a zipper front, remembering the advice from my bridesmaid to not wear a top that goes over your face so as to not risk smudging your makeup in changing. It was also a great choice because I felt relaxed and comfortable.

My driver was out front waiting for me. He informed me that he already had the address and route mapped out so I could just sit back and relax. The driver (sorry I forgot his name) was a great conversationalist but after a couple of minutes I noticed we were getting on the highway going past the exit for my salon. At that point I perked up and asked what address he had on file and learned that there is another salon with the same name as the one I attend which is in a section of the city very far out. This was the salon we were on our way to! Thankfully I was paying attention and not totally relaxing and let the driver know of the error. He immediately turned the car around and entered the correct address into the GPS.

At this point I was calm since the driver assured me I would still make my appointment in time (Also I was doing some inner Woosaaas as well). However, when we were stopped at a light about 2 miles away from the salon I felt a jerk and bump from the back of the car. I couldn't believe it, we were just hit from the rear! At this point I started to freak out a little. We were in a shady part of the city where a limo is not a common place sight and we just got rear ended, I was hoping this was not a robbery.

The driver asked me if I was ok which I assured him I was and then he got out to talk to the driver. After a minute of conversation he got back in the car. He said since there was no damage to the car, not even a scratch, he just let the guy go. I was just breathing a sigh of relief. Thankfully no one was hurt but could you imagine getting into a major car accident the morning of your wedding?!!!! I was very lucky and blessed in so many ways.

We got to the salon on time and my hairdresser started in on my hair. We had discussed this as the inspiration for my hair.



I had been concerned the whole year and a half leading up to the wedding because I had to cut off a substantial amount of my hair the previous year. When I say substantial I mean Halle Berry short, because it was breaking off and severely damaged. To this day I am not sure what caused it but needless to say I was not pleased, in fact I was devastated! So I did away with coloring my hair and babied my hair for a year and a half to grow it as aggressively as possible. And I must say it came back healthier and longer than it was before all the damage occurred. I was ecstatic that I was able to get the hairstyle I wanted, yeah! We just added in some pieces to give it fullness but I was so happy with how beautiful it looked along with my clay gardenia hair flower from dkdesignshawaii. (You will see how it turned out in the upcoming posts. Sorry ....)

But to completely do my hair took almost 2 hours and I had to be back at the hotel by 8. After the rocky start I was wondering if this would be indicative of how my whole day would go. If it was I was determined to bear through with a gleeful heart because I knew no matter what happened at the end of the day I would be married to my love.



No comments:

Post a Comment