Thursday, November 12, 2009

My First Wedding Surprise

All photos by Edmund Moon of Daily Thousand Words unless noted otherwise.

When I got back to my hotel suite the night of the rehearsal dinner, my only thought was getting into bed as soon as possible. I had to be down in the lobby by 5:30 AM to meet the limo driver to get to my 6 AM hair appointment. (Yes my shop was open at 6 am. My hairdresser opened early just for me. I really have a great hairdresser. I have known her since I was 14 and she has done my hair for all the major events in my life, and plus she puts up with all my neurosis on a weekly basis.) But before going to bed I wanted to talk to Roosevelt just to say good night and tell him how much I was looking forward to the next day. We had a long engagement and it seemed like the wedding was so far away, but when I would wake up the next day I would be officially a bride. I was just so elated and overwhelmed with emotion. And it felt a little weird being apart from Roe that night. We were so used to being together.

Well Roe kept asking me during the conversation if I had checked my voice messages, which I thought was odd. I told him that the red light was on indicating a message on the phone but I had not bothered to check. He told me to check the messages. I was being a little difficult and hard headed and said I would do it in the morning. I could tell he was starting to get frustrated with me being obstinate so I told him I would check after we got off the phone. When I checked the messages it said I had a package delivered today. My first thought was "What are they talking about?" I told them to send it right up.



The package was a beautiful bouquet of colored roses from my husband to be with the most beautiful note. I immediately called my sweetie back gushing and with an apology for being stubborn. It goes to show that bending to the will of your partner can be a good and fruitful thing and its not always about our will. And it reinforced how wonderful a man I was marrying.




No comments:

Post a Comment