Friday, February 5, 2010

Intermission from Recaps for DIY Project


I stole this idea shamelessly from Miss. Lightening over on Weddingbee.

I saw the wonderful bridesmaid information cards she made and I knew I wanted to do one as well. I scoured the internet for a vintage picture of an African American bridal party and was able to find the perfect pic.



I then did all my work in Mac Pages after modifying the pic from black and white to sepia tone in Iphoto. It was easy to add a pink border and a pink title (using Burgues font - color does not show well in photo). I then designed the back of the card giving my bridesmaids a timeline of the day with all relevant events for them and then adding at the bottom any pertinent information for day of and contact information for the wedding planners. The roses were done with a font I downloaded from dafont.com.


I printed the cards on shimmery 80lb cardstock which really enhanced the effect of the card.

Card measured 4" x 6"



1 comment:

  1. These are GORGEOUS! So elegant, and the image is stunningly beautiful and sweet! Great job!

    ReplyDelete