Monday, February 15, 2010

Vendor Review: Lauren Brown Studio

photo by me

Lauren designed our save the dates, invitations, and wedding contract. What initially attracted us to Lauren was her beautiful designs, her willingness to be flexible, and the fact that she could accommodate our small wedding (a lot of the larger vendors have order minimums). I also thought  Lauren put a lot of thought into each of her designs as demonstrated by the fact that each piece has some unexpected surprise element that really sets it apart.

Lauren was very easy to work with it and very responsive. Most of our communication after our initial face to face consultation was via email which worked great for me. For each of our stationery elements she mocked up 3 full samples based on feedback we gave her in regards to our wants, likes, and dislikes. I thought seeing a fully completed piece was very helpful (to get a sense of how everything would come together and not just a digital proof) and the fact that there was a variety of samples also gave us flexibility in choosing elements from each to come to a final design.

I must say that on our invitation Lauren was extremely patient with us because we actually went through 2 design cycles. When we started our planning process my fiance and I were both convinced that we wanted pocketfold invites. And Lauren did three beautiful samples in this style, but something was just not resonating with us. (I think our tastes had changed since our initial meeting just through doing more wedding research.) I had seen pictures of accordion fold programs and fell in love with them, and was seriously thinking that it would be more cost effective to do them as an invite. I suggested this to Lauren and she loved the idea and was completely open to doing another round of designs. I got my sample of her version of the accordion invite and I LOVED IT. I got nothing but raves from my guests.

I was also pleased with our final wedding contract - it was clean, simple, elegant design that tied in perfectly to our invitations and save the date.

Lauren is definitely someone to go to if you want custom work that is sure to WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment